Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Smallest Family House

So I really got to thinking about what is the least amount of space I could use for building a tiny house on wheels and this is what I came up with.


As you can see this house's interior is only 9'x7.5', but it has all the amenities needed to live. If necessary a family with 2 children could call this place home, but I would only recommend this size for possibly a single parent with one child. If there were two children I would expand the interior to at least 12' (only adding on another 3 feet) on the end with the door and make that into a "living room" space where the children could play. That opens up variations with lofting above the "living room" so there are two play spaces. Either way this makes for a very small and portable family house.


It is very efficient with use of space although some might find it to be too cramped. My idea (if I ever get around to building it) is to make it as light weight as possible so it might be towed behind the family mini van so we can travel and not worry about the expense of hotels... or heaven forbid there was ever a disaster we would at least have a home to live in wherever we went.
Some thoughts I have had about heating, plumbing and such is that on the front end where the trailer hitch is to put in a small storage space where the heating unit could be stored and warm air can be blown into the small space so there is no risk of overheating with whatever is used. Toilet would be composting or incinerating and have a small water tank above the toilet for showering. I'm still thinking about other aspects of this trailer, so I'll post more as I get ideas.

* As usual if you have no idea what you are doing please seek professional help as I am not a professional and my ideas may not be sound in their safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment