Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Aneirin design

When I was a kid I had a friend who had a play fort under the stairwell at her parents house and we loved to play in the fort all the time. I was thinking about that the other day and an idea popped into my head, why does the sleeping space have to be in a loft? So I designed a space where the kids room is under the floor of another level.



Kids Bedroom
So my thoughts on the kids bedroom are that two twins and some shelves would fit into the room with a little space at the end of the beds to play. Being on the ground floor it is much safer for smaller children so there is not a risk of them falling out of a loft bed and with the living room at the end it extends their play area.

Living Room
All the same features as some of my other living room designs, nothing fancy.

Kitchen
The one thing that is not seen is a table and that is because a small folding table and chairs would fit nicely in the open space on the kitchen floor. As for the rest of the kitchen it is the same as any of my other designs

Bathroom
This is just the basic composting toilet in the shower bathroom, but no washing machine. I will come up with other designs at some point that may include a washing machine since this is first concept of my idea.

Loft Bedroom
The space is basic with enough room for a mattress and a small shelf for books and a flat screen TV. The one great thing about this loft is the steps are not as much of a climb as other lofts.

So overall this concept is just that... a concept. I have no idea how well it would work out for someone and I am not sure how much weight a second floor can handle. It may need special braces underneath which would limit the size of the kids room, but it may be good for dividing the room for two children. If anyone wants to add their constructive criticism I welcome it.

* As I must say as before that I am not a professional and if you do not know what you are doing then you should consult one before building something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment